Wine law; application for a trial permit
In the manufacture of products and beverages from grapes, unauthorized substances may be added on an experimental basis or new processes may be used if the competent authority has permitted the experiment to be carried out.
In order not to inhibit technical and scientific progress, special oenological processes may be tested in any product or beverage made from grapes within the framework of a trial.
Restrictions and monitoring measures are necessary to prevent them from being abused.
If the outcome of the trial is positive, the product may be released for marketing. Competent authorities:
- The governments are responsible for trial permits in accordance with § 3 WeinÜV, insofar as deviations are made from regulations that primarily serve the protection of health and deception.
- The Bavarian State Institute for Viticulture and Horticulture is responsible for all other trial permits.
The promotion of scientific and technical progress must be in the foreground and limited to individual cases. The treatment substances must be harmless to health.
The test permit must be obtained in writing from the competent authority.
Permission must be obtained prior to the start of the test.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Depending on the quantity of wine and the significance of the test, from EUR 25 to EUR 250.
In addition, there are the expenses for any necessary examinations by the Bavarian State Office for Health and Food Safety.
Opposition and action for annulment
Responsible for editing: Regierung von Unterfranken
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited