The range of possible activities of testing, inspection and certification bodies (PÜZ bodies) - and, if applicable, their secondary offices - according to the Bavarian Building Code (BayBO) including the Construction Products and Construction Types Ordinance (BauPAV) comprises
- the inspection of building products
- the inspection of works,
- the initial inspection or monitoring of the factory production control (WPK) of factories,
- the external monitoring of the manufacture of construction products,
- the issue of certificates of conformity
- the monitoring of activities with certain construction products and for certain types of construction, and
- the verification of special requirements for manufacturers of certain construction products and users of certain types of construction.
PÜZ bodies and, if applicable, their secondary offices that wish to operate within the framework of the Bavarian Building Code (BayBO) and the Building Products and Types of Construction Ordinance (BauPAV) require recognition in accordance with the Bavarian Building Code.
The Free State of Bavaria has transferred the recognition of testing, monitoring and certification bodies - and, if applicable, their secondary offices - in accordance with the Bavarian Building Code (BayBO) to the Deutsches Institut für Bautechnik (DIBt), Berlin, so that applications must be submitted to the DIBt and are also processed there.
Recognition according to the Bavarian Building Code (BayBO) is granted upon application as a result of a recognition procedure, in which it is examined whether the applying body fulfills the corresponding professional and technical requirements and offers the guarantee of being independent and impartial.