Weighing scale; indication of the operation of a public weighing scale
Anyone who starts or stops operating a public scale must notify the competent authority immediately.
The operator of a public scale shall identify the public scale with an externally mounted sign that clearly reads:
"Public Weighing Scale
Weighing range from ... kg to ... kg";
The word "scale" may be accompanied by references to the type of scale, its intended use or its owner.
Whoever uses public scales shall ensure that the weighing result is certified by the signature of the person who determined it himself. The following information must be included in the certificate:
- The indication that it is a public weighing,
- place and date of weighing,
- the client of the weighing,
- the type of goods weighed,
- in case of weighing of motor vehicles or trailers, the registration number,
- in the case of an automatic weighing instrument equipped with a counter,
a) the status of the counter before and after the public weighing, as well as
b) the weighing result determined
Any person using a public weighing instrument shall immediately notify the competent authority of the commencement and cessation of operation of a public weighing instrument.
Any person using a public weighing instrument shall ensure that weighing operations are
- they are carried out conscientiously and impartially, and
- they are refused if the user of the public scales, the operating personnel carrying out the weighing or one of their relatives within the meaning of Section 383, paragraph 1, numbers 1 to 3 of the Code of Civil Procedure has a direct interest in the weighing result.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
- Testing of the balance without metrological test up to 66 EURO.
- Testing of the balance with metrological test according to the amount of work.
- Testing of expertise according to time spent
In Bavaria, there is no provision for an appeal procedure against an official decision prohibiting the operation of a public weighing instrument in accordance with Section 64b of the Weights and Measures Ordinance.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Landesamt für Maß und Gewicht
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited