Weighing scale; indication of the operation of a public weighing scale
Anyone who starts or stops operating a public scale must notify the competent authority immediately.
Any person using a public weighing instrument shall immediately notify the competent authority of the commencement and cessation of operation of a public weighing instrument.
Any person using a public weighing instrument shall ensure that weighing operations are
- they are carried out conscientiously and impartially, and
- they are refused if the user of the public scales, the operating personnel carrying out the weighing or one of their relatives within the meaning of Section 383, paragraph 1, numbers 1 to 3 of the Code of Civil Procedure has a direct interest in the weighing result.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- Testing of the balance without metrological test up to 66 EURO.
- Testing of the balance with metrological test according to the amount of work.
- Testing of expertise according to time spent
In Bavaria, there is no provision for an appeal procedure against an official decision prohibiting the operation of a public scale in accordance with Section 64 b of the Weights and Measures Ordinance.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Landesamt für Maß und Gewicht
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited