European Grouping for Territorial Cooperation; application for approval of participation.
The approval of the participation of a Bavarian member in a European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC) and the agreement must be applied for at the Government of Upper Palatinate.
Member States, national, regional and local authorities, public undertakings and undertakings entrusted with the operation of services of general economic interest, as well as associations of such entities from at least two Member States of the European Union and, under certain conditions, similar territorial authorities, entities or undertakings from third countries may be members of a European grouping of territorial cooperation and entrust tasks to that EGTC. These tasks are intended, in particular, to facilitate and promote territorial cooperation in order to strengthen the economic, social and territorial cohesion of the Union and to overcome obstacles in the internal market. Excluded from the delegation of tasks are the exercise of sovereign powers or obligations to safeguard the general interests of the state or other public bodies, such as police and regulatory powers or powers and obligations in the fields of justice and foreign policy.
The formation of an EGTC requires the agreement of the convention and the statutes by all the participants. The convention must regulate, among other things:
- Name and seat of the EGTC,
- EGTC members,
- the extent of the territory in which the EGTC may carry out its tasks,
- objective and tasks of the EGTC,
- organs of the EGTC and their competences,
- applicable legal regulations,
- liability regulations.
The statutes must regulate, among other things:
- Functioning of the organs and their competences,
- number of representatives of the members in the organs,
- decision-making procedures,
- working language(s),
- financial contributions of the members,
- accounting and budgetary rules.
The approval of the participation of a Bavarian member in a European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (EGTC) and agreement must be applied for at the Government of Upper Palatinate.
A European grouping of territorial cooperation has legal personality. In the case of an EGTC with its registered office in Bavaria, it is acquired on the day of publication of the agreed convention and the adopted statutes in the Official Gazette of the Government of Upper Palatinate.
Responsible for editing: Regierung der Oberpfalz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited