Plant protection equipment; application for recognition as an inspection body
The Offices for Food, Agriculture and Forestry (ÄELF) with additional tasks in the field of plant cultivation check with the applicant whether all requirements necessary to be able to inspect plant protection equipment are fulfilled.
Upon application, commercial establishments are recognized as inspection bodies for the performance of inspections on plant protection equipment if
- the company offers the guarantee that the controls are carried out accurately and reliably
- the company employs a sufficient number of persons who are qualified for the inspection of plant protection equipment
- the company has the necessary equipment for the inspection work at its disposal, and
- the company ensures readiness for inspection in agreement with the competent authority.
The detailed requirements result from § 2 p. 2 in conjunction with Appendix 1 of the Ordinance on the Performance of Inspections of Plant Protection Equipment.
The procedure for recognition as a control body must be completed by the competent authority within three months of submission of the complete documentation. The deadline may be extended once by two months if justified by the difficulty of the matter.
Proof of registration in the Handicrafts Register or of membership of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
the name, address and photograph of the persons assigned to the control activity, proof of their professional training and successful participation in a training course
A person is technically suitable if he has completed training in the agricultural machinery or blacksmith trade, e.g. as an agricultural machinery mechanic, has successfully taken part in a training course in which knowledge and skills about the technical plant protection requirements and about the function and setting of the plant protection equipment are imparted, has the necessary reliability and has at least one year's specialist work experience.
Details of the intended place of inspection
Suitability includes, in particular, adequate protection against the effects of the weather
evidence of the availability of suitable collection and return facilities for the control liquid
Proof of the availability of the necessary control equipment
Evidence of the measurement accuracy of the test equipment
- For recognition as an inspection body for plant protection equipment, fees of 100 to 500 EURO are incurred (Schedule of Costs Tariff No. 6.II.3/7).
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Ernährung, Landwirtschaft, Forsten und Tourismus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited