Experts and examiners for motor vehicle traffic; application for recognition
The government of Lower Bavaria is responsible for the official recognition as an expert for motor vehicle traffic (with partial powers) or examiner for motor vehicle traffic (with partial powers).
Upon application of the Technical Inspection Agency, the Government of Lower Bavaria recognizes experts for motor vehicle traffic or inspectors for motor vehicle traffic, provided that the requirements listed below are met.
Prerequisite for recognition as an inspector or expert (with partial powers).
The recognition is granted if the applicant:
- is at least 23 years old
- is mentally and physically fit and there are no facts that would make him appear unreliable for the work of an expert or examiner,
- holds a driver's license for motor vehicles of all classes,
- has worked for at least one and a half years as an engineer or, if only recognition as an inspector with partial authority is being applied for, as a master craftsman in a technical inspection center for motor vehicle traffic, a motor vehicle company or a motor vehicle factory,
- has completed at least six months of training in a technical testing laboratory for motor vehicle traffic,
- is a member of a technical inspection body for motor vehicle traffic,
- is professionally suitable (the professional suitability must be proven in an examination).
The technical inspection body with which the applicant is/will be employed submits an application for recognition of the applicant as an expert for motor vehicle traffic or inspector for motor vehicle traffic
If, after the expiry, withdrawal or revocation of the recognition as an Expert or Examiner, a new recognition is applied for within two years, the examination shall not be carried out unless facts exist which give rise to doubts about the professional qualification of the applicant. When calculating the two-year period, the period of a previous suspension of recognition shall be taken into account.
Curriculum vitae with photograph
Diploma/Bachelor's/Master's degree certificate
Copy of driver's license
Certificate of good conduct
(not older than 6 months)
Information from the driver suitability register
(not older than 6 months)
(if the recognition test has already been successfully passed)
Employment or partnership contract
Confirmation of physical and mental fitness
Confirmation of termination, if applicable
(only in case of a change to another monitoring organisation)
If applicable, letter of approval from another federal state
(only if entrustment has already taken place in another federal state)
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited