Call signs for aeronautical stations; application for an Aircraft Station Licence
If you wish to participate in aeronautical and aeronautical navigation radio, the BNetzA will assign you the callsign with the Aircraft Station Licence on application. In addition, you must notify changes, for example, the holder address or the radio technical equipment.
- You become the owner of an aircraft.
- You are the owner of an aircraft and your name, address for service has changed or you have made changes to the radio equipment.
- The domestic receiving agent or agents has changed.
- You can access the form for the selected service via the selected account (federal user account / Elster organizational account) of the federal portal.
- Fill out the form online.
- Upload any other documents that you need to attach to the application.
- Submit the application.
- You will receive the Aircraft Station License and the fee notice with appeal instructions for download via the mailbox of your account after successful review, if you have selected this option in the application form.
- Number allocations are subject to fees, a fee notice for the entirety of your allocations will be made available for download at a later date via the Federal user account.
By mail/by e-mail:
- On the website of the Federal Network Agency you will find the application forms for call sign allocation for an aircraft. You can use these equally for new and change applications and for processing a legal succession.
- Fill out the form, print it out and sign it.
- Attach the required supporting documents to the form.
- Send your application documents as a scan via e-mail, by fax or by mail to the responsible office of the Federal Network Agency.
- After successful examination, the Aircraft Station License and the notice of fees with instructions on how to appeal will be sent to you or your authorized recipient by mail.
- Number allocations are subject to a fee; a fee notice for all your allocations will be sent to you by mail at a later date.
Existing allocations of call signs issued under the previous frequency allocations for aircraft stations and mobile air navigation radio stations (frequency allocation certificates) remain valid.
There are no plans to replace the existing certificates with new Aircraft Station Licenses. The certificates issued before 01.01.2019 remain valid internationally as long as you do not make any changes to the aircraft station.
There are no deadlines for you.
4 hours to 6 weeks
The amount of the fees is calculated according to the special fee ordinance of the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA - BNetzAB-GebV) as amended.
If you have received a frequency assignment for the protection of interference-free frequency use, you must pay annual contributions in addition to the one-time assignment fee. The amount of these contributions is determined, among other things, by the Frequency Protection Contribution Ordinance (FSBei-trV), as amended.
- Appeal. Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the allocation certificate or the fee notice.
- Administrative law action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Digitales und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited