Experts and examiners for motor vehicle traffic; registration for the examination of professional qualification
Experts or examiners for motor vehicle traffic must prove their professional qualification by passing an examination. The government of Lower Bavaria checks the admission requirements, issues the examination certificate and keeps the personal files.
The experts or examiners for motor vehicle traffic must prove their professional qualification by passing an examination. The examination of the requirements as well as the registration for the examination is the responsibility of the Government of Lower Bavaria. The technical inspection authority at which the applicant is employed takes over the registration for the examination for the applicant.
The applicant as a motor vehicle traffic expert or examiner must meet the following requirements to be eligible to register for the examination:
- Be at least 23 years of age,
- be mentally and physically fit and there must be no facts that would make him appear unreliable for the activity of an expert or examiner,
- hold a driver's license for motor vehicles of all classes,
- have worked for at least one and a half years as an engineer or, if only partial approval is sought, as a master craftsman in a technical inspection agency for motor vehicle traffic, a motor vehicle company or a motor vehicle factory,
- have completed at least six months of training in a technical testing laboratory for motor vehicle traffic,
- belong to a technical inspection body for motor vehicle traffic,
- be professionally qualified (professional qualification must be proven in an examination).
The technical inspection body at which the applicant is employed submits an application for admission to the examination of professional competence. The application must be accompanied by the required documents listed below. The government of Lower Bavaria checks the application for completeness as well as the fulfillment of the requirements. The monitoring organization is responsible for registration with the examination board. The Government of Lower Bavaria confirms the registration with the examination board after checking the submitted documents.
Annually, there is a summer exam and a winter exam.
The requirements must be met by the following deadlines:
- Participation in the summer examination: cut-off date 30.06. of the examination year
- Participation in the winter examination: cut-off date 31.12. of the examination year
The documents for the summer test must be submitted to the Government of Lower Bavaria in January, the documents for the winter test in July of the test year. The exact date for the submission of the documents will be announced to the Technical Inspection Agency or the monitoring organizations in due time.
approx. 4 weeks
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited