Vocational training in industry and commerce; application for the granting of professional qualification for training
A person is deemed to be professionally suitable if he or she possesses the vocational skills, knowledge and abilities, as well as the vocational and occupational pedagogical skills, that are required to convey the contents of the training.
If you want to train in a commercial, industrial or service occupation without having a degree in this occupation or a higher-level qualification yourself, you need to have the professional qualification awarded by the chambers of commerce and industry.
You must be able to prove that you are professionally qualified to train in the occupation in question, e.g. on the basis of your professional background, training courses, etc.
The required professional skills, knowledge and abilities are possessed by anyone who has
- has passed the final examination in a field corresponding to the occupation for which training is being provided,
- has passed a recognized examination at a training facility or before an examination authority or a final examination at a state or state-recognized school in a subject area corresponding to the training occupation,
- has passed a final examination at a German university in a subject corresponding to the training occupation, or
- has obtained an educational qualification abroad in a subject area corresponding to the training occupation, the equivalence of which has been established in accordance with the Vocational Qualifications Assessment Act or other legal regulations
- and has been practically active in his or her profession for an appropriate period of time.
The application for recognition of professional qualification (available from the Chambers of Industry and Commerce and Chambers of Crafts) must be submitted to the relevant chamber together with the required documents.
No deadlines need to be observed. However, professional qualification must be granted before trainees can be hired and trained.
Certificate of employment
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited