Fire protection; notification of commencement of activity or application for certification for external inspection experts
The Registration Committee at the Chamber of Architects accepts notifications of the commencement of work as a fire safety testing expert and decides on the application for the issue of the certificate of compliance with the requirements as a testing expert.
Non-German testing experts, i.e. those who have neither a residence nor a branch office or predominant professional occupation in Bavaria, may only use the designation "Testing Expert for Fire Protection" if they either
- they are allowed to use the title on the basis of a regulation of a state of the Federal Republic of Germany in which they have their domicile, their branch office or predominant occupation, or
- if they meet the material requirements for entry in the corresponding list.
Non-German testing experts must give prior notice of the first performance of services or apply for a certificate of compliance with the material requirements.
If you are established in another member state of the European Union (or equivalent state) to perform this task, you are authorized to work as an inspection expert in Bavaria,
- if you have a comparable authorization with regard to your field of activity, and
- you had to fulfill comparable requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites and the proof of knowledge, and
- if you are not prohibited, even temporarily, from exercising the activity (1st alternative) or
- if the recognition authority has certified that you meet the requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites, the proof of knowledge and the scope of activity for recognition as an inspection expert (2nd alternative).
A further requirement is that you have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken.
The notification or the application are not required if a notification has already been made or a certificate has already been issued in another country of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- for the applicant: none, notification before commencement of activity (1st alternative)
- for the authority: three months after receipt of the application and complete presentation of the documents (2nd alternative)
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- Certificate according to alternative 2: Fee range 0 - 300 Euro
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited