Earthwork and foundation engineering; notification of commencement of activity or application for certification for external testing experts
You can notify the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers of the commencement of work as a testing expert for earthwork and foundation engineering and apply for the issue of a certificate confirming that you meet the requirements as a testing expert.
Persons who are established in another member state of the European Union (or equivalent state) for the performance of this task are entitled to work as an inspection expert in Bavaria if they
- have a comparable authorization with regard to their field of activity and
- they had to fulfill comparable requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites and the proof of knowledge (1st alternative) or
- if the recognition authority has certified that they meet the requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites, the proof of knowledge and the field of activity for recognition as an inspection expert (2nd alternative).
A further requirement is that they have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken.
The notification or application is not required if a notification has already been made or a certificate issued in another country of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- for the applicant: none, notification before commencement of activity
- for the authority: three months after receipt of application and submission of complete documentation
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited