Experts; public appointment and swearing-in by the Chamber of Crafts and Trades
The Chamber of Skilled Crafts appoints and swears in experts on request to provide expert opinions on services and activities of the skilled crafts and their value.
The purpose of the public appointment is to provide courts, authorities and the public with particularly knowledgeable and personally suitable Experts whose statements are particularly credible.
The public appointment includes the rendering of expert opinions and other expert services such as consultations, supervision, examinations, the issuing of certificates as well as activities as an expert witness and arbitrator.
The rights and duties of publicly appointed experts are primarily regulated in the expert regulations of the Chambers of Crafts.
Publicly appointed and sworn experts can be recognised by the legally protected designation "publicly appointed and sworn". The Chambers of Skilled Crafts award the experts a round stamp and issue an expert certificate.
Legal basis is § 91 Abs I Ziff 8 of the law to the order of the handicraft (HWO) i.V.m. the expert order of the respective HWK.
According to this
- there is a general need for expert services,
- the requirements according to § 2 of the Sachverständigenordnung (SVO) are fulfilled. This means in particular that the applicant
a) is registered in the register of skilled crafts of the Chamber of Skilled Crafts as owner or as personally liable partner of a partnership or managing director of a legal entity and thereby fulfils the registration requirements in his person or is listed as company manager or
b) is registered as owner, personally liable partner of a partnership or managing director of a legal entity in the register of businesses similar to skilled crafts.
- you are personally and professionally qualified to act as an Expert,
- you live in orderly economic circumstances
- you offer a guarantee of impartiality and independence as well as compliance with the obligations of a publicly appointed and sworn Expert.
Short letter of application to the responsible Chamber of Crafts, which then sends a letter requesting the submission of all necessary documents.
The appointment itself is generally preceded by a separate specialist examination.
There are no deadlines for applications.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
- The fee for the public appointment is between 80 Euro and 200 Euro.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited