Professional driver; registration for the examination to obtain the basic qualification
Drivers in commercial road haulage or passenger transport must provide proof of a special qualification in addition to their driving license.
- For the basic qualification test, you need a suitable test vehicle to take the practical test. If you are unable to provide a suitable test vehicle, the IHK can arrange a suitable test vehicle for you on request.
- Furthermore, you must provide a driving instructor for the practical test who is in possession of a valid driving instructor license for the driving license classes CE for goods transport or DE for passenger transport. If you are unable to provide a driving instructor who meets the above requirements, the IHK can arrange a suitable driving instructor on request.
You register for the examination at the local Chamber of Industry and Commerce and the examination dates (theoretical and practical examination) are coordinated.
- The IHK confirms your registration for the exam
- You take the theoretical examination.
- After passing the theoretical examination, you will take the practical examination.
After passing both parts of the exam, you will receive a certificate from the IHK, which you present to the driving license office.
Journeys for specific purposes, such as:
- Police vehicles, fire department, emergency rescue by recognized rescue services that carry out transport as part of their duties
- agricultural and forestry transport
are exempt from the obligation.
As a rule, you will receive notification of whether you have passed or failed the examination approximately 2 weeks after taking it.
- In some federal states: Appeal
- Administrative court proceedings
- For more details, please refer to the notification of passing / failing the examination
Responsible for editing:Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited