Fee-based financial investment advisor; registration for the examination of expertise
In order to obtain permission to act as a fee-based financial investment advisor, you must demonstrate the required expertise.
If you wish to broker financial investments on a commercial basis for a fee to the customer, you must prove your expertise in order to obtain the permit. You can do this by taking the examination of the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
Depending on the product category, the examination is divided into three areas:
- Open financial investments
- Closed financial investments
- Asset investments
The exam consists of a written and a practical part. They must be taken one after the other. In the written part of the exam, you must demonstrate the necessary legal and technical knowledge, for example with regard to consumer rights and technical terms. In the practical part, you must conduct a simulated customer consultation.
You do not have to meet any formal requirements to register for the exam, but you should prepare intensively in terms of content to ensure successful participation.
The content of the examination for financial investment brokers corresponds to that of the examination for fee-based financial investment advisors.
If you have completed vocational training or a degree in banking and finance, this may be recognized in lieu of the examination.
You can only take part in an examination after prior registration.
- The IHK will inform you in good time before the examination about the details of the examination procedure, place and time.
- You will first take the written examination.
- If you have passed the written exam, the practical exam will take place.
- After successful examination you will receive a certificate of your expertise.
- Please observe the registration deadlines of your local IHK.
- A proven expertise is valid for life.
You will usually receive the certificate within a few days after passing the exam.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited