Safety-related systems and equipment; notification of commencement of activity or application for certification for external inspection experts
You can apply to the Bayerische Ingenieurekammer-Bau (Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers) to take up work as an inspection expert for safety-related systems and equipment and to obtain a certificate confirming that you meet the requirements as an inspection expert.
In Bavaria, the designation "Test expert for safety-related systems and equipment" in a specific field may only be used by those who are recognized in this field and this specialty.
Test experts for safety-related systems and equipment can be recognized in the following specialties:
- Ventilation systems, if necessary limited to garage ventilation systems,
- CO warning systems
- Smoke and heat extraction systems
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Security power supplies
- fire extinguishing systems.
Test experts for safety systems certify the compliance of technical systems and equipment with the requirements of the Safety System Test Ordinance (§ 24 PrüfVBau) in their respective field of expertise. They are independent within the scope of their duties.
Foreign inspection experts, i.e. those who are established in another member state of the European Union (or equivalent state) to perform this task, are entitled to work as inspection experts in Bavaria. They must give prior notice of the first provision of services or apply for a certificate of compliance with the material requirements.
If you are established in another member state of the European Union (or equivalent state) for the purpose of performing this task, you are entitled to work as an inspection expert in Bavaria if you
- you have a comparable authorization with regard to your field of activity and
- you had to fulfill comparable requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites and the proof of knowledge (1st alternative) or
- if the recognition authority has certified that you meet the requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites, the proof of knowledge and the field of activity for recognition as an inspection expert (2nd alternative).
A further requirement is that you have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken.
The notification or the application are not required if a notification has already been made or a certificate has already been issued in another country of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- for the applicant: none, notification before commencement of activity
- for the authority: three months after receipt of application and complete presentation of documents
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide:
Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited