Stability; notification of commencement of activity or application for certification for external inspection experts

You can notify the Bayerische Ingenieurekammer-Bau (Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers) of the commencement of work as a testing expert for structural stability and apply for the issue of a certificate confirming that you meet the requirements as a testing expert.



Persons who are established in another member state of the European Union (or a state equivalent to this) for the performance of this task are entitled to work as an inspection expert in Bavaria if they

  • have a comparable authorization with regard to their field of activity and had to fulfill comparable requirements with regard to the prerequisites for recognition and the proof of knowledge (1st alternative) or
  • if the recognition authority has certified that they meet the requirements with regard to the recognition prerequisites, the proof of knowledge and the field of activity for recognition as an inspection expert (2nd alternative).

A further requirement is that they have a good command of the German language, both written and spoken.

The notification or application is not required if a notification has already been made or a certificate issued in another country of the Federal Republic of Germany.


  • for the applicant: none, notification before commencement of activity
  • for the authority: three months after receipt of application and presentation of complete documentation

Required documents

  • Notification of the first performance of the service:

    • Certificate of legal establishment in a member state of the EU (or equivalent state) for the performance of the activity
    • Proof of fulfilment of comparable requirements for the exercise of the activity in the state of establishment

  • Request for certification:

    • Certificate of legal establishment in a member state of the EU (or equivalent state) for the performance of the activity
    • Proof of actual fulfilment of the recognition requirements


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • Certificate: 295 euros


Administrative court proceedings; information

administrative claim

Links to more information


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.