Vocational training in the skilled trades; application for a certificate, duplicate or confirmation of apprenticeship period

You can apply for a duplicate of an examination certificate, the decorative certificate of your master craftsman's diploma, your journeyman's diploma or an apprenticeship certificate for pension insurance at the relevant Chamber of Crafts.


The examining body may issue you a duplicate of your exam certificate. This is the issue of a new original certificate with the remark "duplicate". The relevant Chamber of Crafts or Guild before which you took the examination is always responsible.

If you have lost the decorative certificate of your master crafts man's diploma, your name has changed or you need a second copy (e.g. for posting in the company), you can order a duplicate from the Chamber of Crafts.

You can only request a duplicate of your journeyman 's certificate from the competent office. This is the body that conducted the examination, in most cases the guild.

For a duplicate of a journeyman's certificate in the following occupations

  • tailor
  • brewer and maltster
  • Office clerk
  • Warehouse logistics specialist
  • Warehouse clerk
  • Vehicle caretaker
  • Photographer
  • Management assistant for office communication
  • Management assistant for office management
  • fashion designer

you can apply to the Chamber of Crafts.

You can also request a certificate of your apprenticeship or the certificate of completion of the journeyman's examination.


  • Administrative fees may apply.


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.