Cosmetic application of non-ionizing radiation; notification of operation of equipment
The operation of commercial facilities that use non-ionizing radiation for cosmetic and other non-medical purposes on humans must be reported to the responsible trade supervisory office.
Persons using the equipment must have the required expertise (comes into force from 31.12.2022).
In the notification, the name or the company of the operator as well as the address of the operating site and the information for the identification of the respective system must be stated.
The installations or laser systems covered by the NiSV or certificates of expertise (as of 31.12.2022) are to be sent to the trade supervisory office responsible for the administrative district.
As of December 31, 2020, the following procedures may only be performed by licensed physicians with appropriate continuing medical education or training:
- Removal of tattoos or permanent makeup.
- Treatment of vascular changes
- Treatment of pigmented skin changes
- Ablative laser applications
- Applications in which the integrity of the epidermis as a protective barrier is violated
- Applications with optical radiation whose effects are not limited to the skin and its appendages, such as fat tissue reduction
The operator shall notify the competent authority of the operation of the plant no later than two weeks before commissioning. If a plant is already in operation on December 31, 2020, the notification shall be made by the end of March 31, 2021.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited