Animal welfare permit; application
According to the Animal Protection Act, permits are required for certain commercial animal husbandry and the commercial handling of animals, which are tied to the reliability and expertise of the operator and to animal husbandry appropriate to the species.
Numerous activities with animals - especially of a commercial nature - are subject to licensing, in particular these are
- Breeding and keeping of vertebrates for experimental purposes and comparable activities,
- Keeping animals in an animal shelter or similar facilities,
- zoos or similar establishments for the exhibition of animals,
- bringing or importing vertebrate animals (other than livestock) into the country for the purpose of giving them away for a fee or other consideration, or brokering such animals
- Training of guard dogs for third parties,
- Commercial training of dogs for third parties or commercial instruction of the training of dogs by the owner of the animal
- Conducting of animal exchanges,
- commercial breeding and keeping of animals (exception: agricultural animals),
- commercial animal trade,
- commercial operation of a riding and driving business,
- commercial exhibition of animals,
- commercial pest control of vertebrates,
- animal transports in connection with economic activity.
The issuance of the animal protection permit is a prerequisite for the operation of an establishment or activity. It therefore has a preventive character.
Depending on the case, further permits may be required, such as building permit(s), permits for animal experiments (issued by the governments of Upper Bavaria and Lower Franconia), permits under species protection law; it is therefore advisable to inquire with the competent district administrative authority.
- training and ability available for the activity in question
- suitable facilities and premises
- personal reliability
- Possibly use of suitable substances
The exact requirements depend on the individual case.
- Fees: 5 - 25,000 EUR (depending on the individual case) plus expenses
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited