Yellow fever vaccination centers; application for licensure or amendment.
Approval as a yellow fever vaccination center as well as changes must be applied for at the government of Upper Palatinate.
According to the International Health Regulations, the yellow fever vaccination must be carried out by a yellow fever vaccination center authorized by the state authorities. Physicians who have experience in travel and tropical medicine may be authorized as yellow fever vaccination centers.
The yellow fever vaccination is publicly recommended as a travel vaccination by the World Health Organization (WHO) for stays in the tropical region of Africa and South America for your own protection. It is also mandatory for entry into numerous destination or transit countries. The yellow fever vaccination is entered in the "International Vaccination Certificate" and certified with an officially issued seal.
The online service can be used to submit the initial application for approval as a yellow fever vaccination center in Bavaria, as well as the following (amendment) applications for already approved yellow fever vaccination centers in Bavaria:
- Application for issuance of a duplicate certificate
- Application for reissue (e.g. in case of theft)
- Application for extension of location
- Application for suspension of the yellow fever vaccination center in Bavaria
- Application for reactivation of the yellow fever vaccination center in Bavaria
- Application in case of abandonment of the yellow fever vaccination center in Bavaria
- Proof of attendance of a continuing education course on travel and tropical medicine of at least 8 hours (required every 2 years)
- Application for change of address
- Application for change of name
- Certified license to practice medicine
- Proof of a basic qualification in travel medicine through an advanced training course in the field of travel and tropical medicine of at least 32 teaching hours with a final examination
The application must be submitted electronically to the Government of Upper Palatinate.
You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
After the documents have been checked, you will receive a written decision by mail.
You must send, unsolicited, a copy of a certificate of attendance at a refresher course on travel and tropical medicine of at least 8 hours of instruction, at least every 2 years (e.g., continuing education course certified by state medical association).
Licensing certificate (copy)
(officially certified, not older than one month, proof of identity in case of name change)
Proof of a basic travel medicine qualification through an advanced training course in the field of travel and tropical medicine of at least 32 teaching hours with a final examination.
Declaration of commitment
provided with signature and stamp
For the recognition of the approval as a yellow fever vaccination center according to the International Health Regulations a fee of 100 EUR is charged.
For the issuance of a duplicate of the approval as a yellow fever vaccination center a fee in the amount of 20.00 EUR, in case of reissuance (e.g. theft) a fee in the amount of 40.00 EUR will be charged.
You will receive the invoice with the transfer form together with the notification of approval or the duplicate.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited