The energy efficiency expert list serves to ensure a high level of professional qualification of the experts participating in the building promotion programmes of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). The experts are involved in the process of energy consulting as well as the planning and implementation of energy efficiency measures in buildings within the framework of the funding programmes.
The aim of these funding programmes, which are implemented on behalf of the BMWi by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) or the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA), is to increase energy efficiency and the share of renewable energies in the renovation and new construction of residential and non-residential buildings.
The programmes at KfW include:
- until 30 June 2021: "Energy-efficient construction and refurbishment" programme group
- from July 2021: Federal funding for efficient buildings - residential / non-residential buildings (BEG WG and BEG NWG; loan and grant variants in each case) and individual measures (BEG EM loan variant).
The programmes at BAFA include:
- Energy advice for residential buildings,
- since January 2021: Energy advice for non-residential buildings, installations and systems,
- since January 2021: Federal support for efficient buildings - individual measures (BEG EM; grant variant).
You must register on the dena (Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH) website to create an application as an expert. When doing so, you must select a registration category. Depending on the registration category, you must provide evidence of the relevant qualification.
You submit your application for registration as an expert in the energy efficiency expert list to dena (Deutsche Energie-Agentur GmbH) in writing by e-mail, fax or post.
In order to submit an application for the KfW funding programmes "Energy-efficient construction and refurbishment - residential buildings", you must, since 1.6.2014, be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes.
In order to submit an application for the KfW funding programmes "Energy-efficient construction and refurbishment - non-residential buildings", you must, since 1.11.2020, be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes, provided that you are a master craftsman or technician.
In order to be able to submit an application for the federal funding programmes for efficient buildings (BEG WG, BEG NWG, BEG EM), you must be registered in the energy efficiency expert list of the federal funding programmes.