Safety-related systems and equipment; application for recognition as a testing expert
The registration committee of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers decides on the recognition as a testing expert for the specialist area of safety engineering systems and equipment (in the specialist areas of ventilation systems, CO warning systems, smoke and heat extraction systems, fire detection and alarm systems, safety power supplies and fire extinguishing systems).
In Bavaria, the title "Test expert for safety-related systems and equipment" may only be used by those who are recognised in this specialist area and this specialist area.
Test experts for safety-related systems and equipment can be recognised in the following specialist fields:
- Ventilation systems, if necessary limited to garage ventilation systems,
- CO warning systems
- Smoke and heat extraction systems
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Safety power supplies
- fire extinguishing systems.
Test experts for safety systems certify in their respective field of expertise the conformity of technical systems and equipment with the requirements of public law within the meaning of §§ 1 and 2 of the Safety Systems Test Ordinance (§ 24 PrüfVBau). They are independent within the scope of the duties incumbent upon them.
The registration committee at the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers examines and decides on the recognition as an inspection expert for safety installations. Proof of the required expertise in the field to which the testing activity is to relate is provided by means of an expert opinion which the registration committee obtains from the Saarland Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Stuttgart Region Chamber of Industry and Commerce or the Brandenburg Chamber of Engineers.
The Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers maintains a list of recognized testing experts for safety-related systems and equipment.
General requirements (apply to inspection experts in all fields and disciplines, § 4 PrüfVBau):
Review experts can only be persons who
- have the personality to guarantee that they fulfil their tasks properly in the sense of § 5 PrüfVBau,
- have the ability to hold public office,
- work independently and on their own responsibility,
- have their place of business or a branch office in the Free State of Bavaria,
- have a spoken and written command of the German language.
Special requirements (§ 22 PrüfVBau):
Only persons who have
- have completed an engineering degree at a German university or an equivalent degree at a foreign university,
- have provided proof of their special expertise in the field to which their testing activities are to relate by means of an expert report, and
- have been practically active as an engineer for at least five years in the field in which the testing activity is to be carried out and have assisted in tests for at least two years.
The registration committee obtains an expert opinion from the Saarland Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the Stuttgart Region Chamber of Industry and Commerce or the Brandenburg Chamber of Engineers on the existence of requirement no. 2.
- for the applicant: none
- for the Authority: three months after receipt of the application and complete documentation; the deadline may be extended once by two months.
Curriculum vitae with professional background
Certificate of good conduct
Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to a public authority
Final and employment certificates (copy)
Information on branches
Information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning and execution of construction projects.
Information on personal responsibility (only necessary to a limited extent) and independence
Evidence of compliance with the specific conditions
evidence of at least five years' experience in the field in which the audit is to be carried out, at least two years of which must have been spent assisting in audit activities
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited