Start-up money; application

If you receive a citizen's allowance and you want to become self-employed or start a job that is subject to social insurance contributions, you can receive an introductory allowance under certain conditions.



  • You will receive a citizen's allowance before starting your new job. Unemployment is not a prerequisite for this.
  • You must apply to your job center before you actually start working.
  • Your new self-employment or your new job is suitable for overcoming your need for assistance in the long term.
  • The introductory allowance is necessary for your integration into the general labor market.
  • Your gainful employment comprises at least 15 hours per week.
  • Additional requirements for self-employment/starting a business:
    • Positive assessment by the job center of your personal suitability,
    • the economic viability of your self-employed activity


In order to receive the introductory allowance, you should first arrange a counseling interview at your responsible job center:

  • Contact the responsible job center and make an appointment for an interview.
  • In the case of employment subject to social insurance contributions, you can also apply for the introductory allowance online.
  • The integration specialist will record your data and check whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • The counselor will make a discretionary decision on this basis.
  • You will receive a decision by mail or online stating whether your application has been approved or rejected.
  • If your application is approved, the Jobcenter will transfer the amount to your account monthly in advance.


You must not have started your gainful employment yet when you apply for Einstiegsgeld. This applies both to the start of employment subject to social insurance contributions and to your self-employment.

Objection period: 1 month

Processing time

4 weeks.

Required documents

  • Required document(s)

    For self-employment/start-up:

    • Application for funding
    • Curriculum vitae, if applicable including necessary certificates of qualification
    • Meaningful description of the business start-up project explaining the business idea (business concept/business plan)
    • Capital requirements and financing plan
    • Turnover and profitability forecast (expected turnover and costs) for the next 3 years
    • If necessary, a statement from an external third party or an expert body on the viability of your company.
      • Expert bodies are: Chambers, trade associations, credit institutions, start-up initiatives
    • Proof that you are self-employed, e.g. by means of your business registration, notification to the tax office or confirmation of the change of a sideline business to a main business
    • If necessary, further proof, for example, of your
      • accident insurance or
      • business liability or
      • Entry in the register of skilled crafts

    In the case of employment subject to social insurance contributions:

    • Application for subsidy
    • Copy of your employment contract


  • There are no costs involved.


Social benefits; filing an appeal

  • Objection
  • administrative court action


Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.