Prostitutes; perception of a health consultation
If you wish to work as a prostitute, you must attend a health consultation at the health office before registering.
Section 10 of the Federal Government Act on the Regulation of the Prostitution Trade and the Protection of Persons Engaged in Prostitution (ProstSchG) provides for health counselling by an authority responsible for the public health service (ÖGD) for persons who work as prostitutes or who wish to engage in such work. Health counselling is adapted to the personal life situation of the person being counseled and is intended in particular to address questions of
- the prevention of disease,
- the regulation of conception,
- pregnancy and
- the risks of alcohol and drug use.
use of alcohol and drugs.
The health counselling is confidential. Third parties can only be consulted with mutual consent and only for the purpose of interpretation / language mediation.
The competent health counselling authority (public health department) issues a certificate after the counselling with the following information:
- First and last name of the counseled person,
- date of birth of the advised person,
- issuing authority of the public health service (ÖGD) and
- date of the health consultation.
The certificate of health counselling
- can be issued as an alias on request (an existing alias certificate is a prerequisite for this). The alias certificate will only be issued in the registration procedure, for which a certificate according to § 10 ProstSchG is a prerequisite. Consequence: The certificate of health counselling is always to be issued on the real first name and surname in case of first counselling, in case of subsequent certificates alias may be considered),
- is valid in the whole federal territory,
- is to be carried by the prostitute when performing the activity.
This certificate of health consultation is a prerequisite for registering the activity as a prostitute or prostitute.
The only prerequisite for obtaining the certificate of health counselling is participation in an appropriate counselling session.
Health counselling is provided by the Public Health Service (ÖGD) in the district administrative authorities (state and municipal health offices).
The local health authority responsible is the one in whose area of responsibility the place where you intend to focus your activity as a prostitute or as a prostitute falls, insofar as prostitution is permitted there. Only health authorities in whose area of responsibility prostitution is permissible are responsible. In municipalities with fewer than 30,000 inhabitants, as well as in some other larger municipalities, there is a complete ban on prostitution by statutory order. Therefore, only health offices are responsible in whose district there is a municipality with at least 30,000 inhabitants in which prostitution is not completely prohibited by a local prohibition ordinance.
For the provision of health advice, individual health offices may have a separate consultation hour with a separate appointment.
The health consultation must take place before the first registration of the activity and, in the case of prostitutes
- prostitutes over 21 years of age at least every twelve months, and for
- prostitutes under 21 years of age at least every six months.
The certificate of health consultation can be used for three months for the first registration of the activity as a prostitute or as a prostitute.
The health consultation usually lasts about one hour. The certificate will be issued afterwards.
Identity card, passport, substitute passport or substitute identity card
alias certificate, if applicable
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited