Wireless network access; application for frequency assignment
You want to use certain frequencies for wireless network access? You must apply to the Federal Network Agency for this.
Due to the use of new broadband communication technologies, the need for wireless connections is increasing. Wireless network access enables fast and relatively inexpensive transmission.
Frequencies for wireless network access are for the most part allocated individually. This is to ensure the most interference-free and efficient use of the allocated frequencies.
You must apply to the Federal Network Agency for the allocation of frequencies for wireless network access. The following instructions must be observed:
- The radio equipment intended for use must comply with the basic legal requirements of the Radio Equipment Act (FuAG). This can be done by declaring conformity with the relevant European standards. For all new allocations of frequencies, the Federal Network Agency assumes that digital system technology will be used.
- You have no legal claim to the allocation of specific transmission frequencies, polarizations and band positions. However, you can apply for desired parameters. As part of the allocation procedure, the Federal Network Agency checks whether these or other frequencies are available and can be coordinated. This involves compatibility with other radio applications already in operation in Germany and abroad.
- The frequency allocation defines the usage parameters that you must adhere to in order to protect other frequency uses. If necessary, you will receive allocations subject to coordination with neighboring countries. In this case, you bear the risk as the applicant.
- In connection with frequency allocation, the Federal Network Agency does not assume any tasks relating to technical planning, radio field testing or project planning for radio systems. These tasks must be performed by you or by companies commissioned by you.
Frequencies are allocated if
- they are designated for the intended use in the frequency plan,
- they are available,
- they are compatible with other frequency uses, and
- efficient and interference-free frequency use is ensured.
You can submit the application by e-mail:
- Go to the Federal Network Agency's website.
- In the Telecommunications>Frequencies>Public networks>Regional networks section, download the file "Application forms for local broadband".
- Fill out all attached forms according to the filling instructions.
- Send the documents to Department 226 of the Federal Network Agency.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive a decision.
There are no clues or specifics.
There is no deadline.
The Federal Network Agency decides on complete applications within a maximum of 6 weeks. (2 to 6 weeks)
- Anlage 3 Frequenzzuteilungs-Antrag 3700-3800 MHz
- Anlage 5a FaLeiZu Antragsteller_Berechtigung
- Anlage 5b - FaLeiZu Erklärung_Beauftragter
Costs depend on bandwidth, term, size and type of planning area. See "Fee formula for local broadband" on the BNetzA website.
For detailed information on costs and payment methods, please refer to the notice from the BNetzA.
Detailed information on how to file an objection can be found in the notice of your application.
- Administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Digitales und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited