Stability; application for recognition as a testing expert
The registration committee of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers decides on the recognition as a testing expert for the field of structural stability (in the specializations of solid construction, metal construction and timber construction).
In Bavaria, only those who are recognized in this specialist area and this specialist area may use the designation "Test expert for stability" in a specific specialist area.
Testing experts for stability can be recognized in the fields of solid construction, metal construction and timber construction.
Testing experts for stability test and certify the completeness and correctness of the stability certificates in their respective field on behalf of the building owner or other person responsible according to the building code, insofar as this is provided for in Art. 62a Para. 2 BayBO. They monitor the proper execution of construction work with regard to the proofs of stability certified by them (Art. 77 Para. 2 Sentence 1 No. 1 BayBO and § 13 Para. 5 PrüfVBau). They are independent within the scope of the duties incumbent upon them.
Insofar as testing experts are not recognized in accordance with § 10 Para. 2 Sentence 1 PrüfVBau, the registration committee at the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers shall examine and decide on their recognition as testing experts for stability. The proof of the required knowledge and skills (part of the special requirements) is carried out within the scope of an examination by the examination board formed at the Bavarian State Ministry for Housing, Construction and Transport. The Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers maintains a list of recognized testing experts for stability.
Comparable recognitions of other federal states are also valid in the Free State of Bavaria as long as the testing expert has not yet reached the age of 70; no further entry is made in the list maintained by the recognition authority.
General requirements (apply to inspection experts in all fields and disciplines, § 4 PrüfVBau):
Inspection experts can only be persons who
- have the personality to guarantee that they perform their tasks properly in the sense of § 5 PrüfVBau,
- have the ability to hold public office,
- work independently and on their own responsibility
- have their place of business in the Free State of Bavaria,
- have a command of the German language, both written and spoken.
Special requirements (§ 10 para. 1 PrüfVBau):
Only persons who have
- have completed a course of study in civil engineering at a German university or an equivalent course of study at a foreign university,
- have been working independently and on their own responsibility for at least two years as an engineer involved in structural design or as a full-time university lecturer,
- have been entrusted with the preparation of stability certificates, technical site management or comparable activities for at least ten years, of which they must have prepared stability certificates for at least five years and been entrusted with technical site management for at least one year. However, the time spent in technical site management may only be credited up to a maximum of three years,
- have the necessary knowledge of the relevant building regulations,
- have demonstrated above-average abilities through their performance as an engineer, and
- have the technical knowledge and experience required for an inspection expert.
The examination board at the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport decides whether the prerequisites Nos. 3 - 6 are met.
- for the applicant: none
- for the authority: three months after receipt of the application and submission of the complete documentation; the deadline can be extended once by two months
Curriculum vitae with professional background
Certificate of good conduct
Proof of application for a certificate of good conduct for submission to a public authority
Final and employment certificates (copy)
Information on branches
Information on any participation in a company whose purpose is the planning and execution of construction projects.
Information on ownership and independence
Evidence of compliance with the specific conditions
- Chronological proof of previous engineering activity of at least ten years in tabular form with subdivision according to:
- Preparation of stability certificates,
- Comparable activities,
- technical site management
- Confirmations from third parties are to be submitted for the periods of technical construction management.
- List of difficult construction projects worked on by the applicant
- List of achievements as proof of above-average abilities as an engineer
- List of persons who can provide information on the applicant's professional aptitude.
(Samples of the above lists are available from the Bavarian State Ministry of Housing, Construction and Transport)
Antrag für die Anerkennung als Prüfsachverständiger für Standsicherheit
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
for members of the Bavarian Chamber of Civil Engineers: 260 Euro
for non-members: 468 Euro
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited