Postal services subject to licensing; notification of commencement, change, and termination of operations
If your company provides postal services without requiring a license, you must notify the Federal Network Agency of the start, change and termination of operations.
- You perform postal services on a professional basis.
- The postal service is not subject to licensing. These are:
- Carriage or acceptance / delivery of letter items with an individual weight of more than 1,000 grams.
- Carriage or acceptance/dispensing of mailbox-ready merchandise shipments
- Carriage or acceptance / delivery of addressed parcels weighing up to 31.5 kilograms
- Carriage or acceptance/dispensing of books, catalogs, newspapers or periodicals (insofar as it is carried out by companies that also transport letter items, mailbox-eligible consignments or addressed parcels weighing up to 31.5 kilograms)
- Carriage or acceptance/delivery of letter items with an individual weight of up to 1,000 grams as a performing or vicarious agent (subcontractor) for a licensee
- Constantly accompanied carriage of letter items weighing up to 1,000 grams (courier service in accordance with the Postal Act)
You can submit the notification via online form or as a completed PDF form or in paper form:
Notification via online form:
- Open the "Notification pursuant to Section 36 of the Postal Act/EU Parcel Regulation" as an online form.
- Follow all steps and fill out the form.
- Attach the necessary attachments. You can upload the attachments as a file.
- Submit the notification electronically. A copy of the advertisement with automatically generated signature sheet will be sent to you by email. Please sign and send it to the Federal Network Agency. If you use a qualified electronic signature or a qualified electronic seal, the signature sheet is not required.
- The Federal Network Agency will check your notification.
- You will receive written confirmation.
Notification via fillable PDF form or in paper form:
- Open the Federal Network Agency's website and download the "Notification pursuant to Section 36 of the Postal Act/EU Parcel Regulation".
- Fill out the notification. You can fill it out directly on your computer.
- Print out the completed notification, sign it and send it to the Federal Network Agency together with the required documents. You can send the notification to the Federal Network Agency by e-mail, fax or letter.
- The Federal Network Agency will check your documents.
- You will receive a written confirmation.
You must notify the Federal Network Agency of the commencement, modification and termination of operations within 1 month.
Processing usually takes between 2 and 4 weeks, depending on the volume of ads and the availability of all necessary documents.
- Business registration (for new advertisements)
- General terms and conditions for postal service providers in accordance with the provisions of European law
"Anzeige gemäß § 36 Postgesetz / EU-Paketverordnung" in Papierform
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
No legal remedies are provided.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited