Commercial mail transport; application for a license
If you wish to transport letters commercially, you must apply for a permit.
- You must have registered your business
- You must not be over-indebted or insolvent
- You must prove that you meet the requirements for reliability, performance and expertise
You can apply for a license to transport letter mail in writing or by e-mail:
- Send the completed form together with the other documents by post or e-mail to the Federal Network Agency.
- You will then receive a separate consultation letter in which you will be asked to submit further information and documents.
- You will be assigned a contact person for the licensing procedure who will guide you through the process
- The Federal Network Agency will inform you in writing whether you have been granted a license.
If you deliver letters of no more than 1,000 grams without permission, you may be fined up to 500,000 euros.
maximum 6 weeks after submission of all documents
- Detailed description of your business idea
- Business registration (copy, current)
- Extract from the commercial register
- Further documents (e.g. certificate of good conduct, information from the commercial central register) on request
Antrag auf Erteilung einer Postlizenz (pdf, 1 MB)
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesnetzagentur für Elektrizität, Gas, Telekommunikation, Post und Eisenbahnen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited