Vine planting material; application for recognition
Vine planting material may only be marketed as recognized propagating material and with the plant passport required by the Plant Inspection Ordinance.
The propagator of scions or grafted vines applies for recognition of his propagation material. The certification authority checks the plausibility of the data. During the vegetation period, it checks the varietal purity, the varietal typicality and the state of health of the stock nurseries used for the production of scions and the nursery areas on which the grafted vines are cultivated. Furthermore, before the scions or grafts are marketed, the certification body checks the quantity and condition of the sorted and bundled goods.
The propagator of vine planting material must be registered with the respective competent authority (= recognition body). This is the Bavarian State Institute for Viticulture and Horticulture, Wine Law Department.
By 15.06.: applications for recognition of mother vine stocks and recognition of one-year-old grafted vines. By 01.07.: applications for recognition of potted vines.
- Cost rate 0.70 € per ar or part thereof of the stock of mother vines declared for recognition of vines. Cost rate 3.50 € per 1,000 or part thereof of the vines inspected in nurseries.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerische Landesanstalt für Weinbau und Gartenbau
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited