Combustion plants; notification
If you operate a medium-sized combustion plant, gas turbine plant or internal combustion engine plant, you must report it to the competent authority.
As the operator of a combustion plant (medium-sized combustion plant, gas turbine plant and combustion engine plant) as defined in the Forty-Fourth Ordinance on the Implementation of the Federal Immission Control Act (44th BImSchV) with a rated thermal input of at least 1 MW and less than 50 MW, you are required to notify the competent authority in writing or electronically of the intended operation prior to commissioning.
The operation of an existing combustion plant must be notified in writing or electronically to the competent authority by December 1, 2023.
The notification must contain the following information:
- Combustion heat output of the combustion plant (in megawatts).
- Type of combustion plant (diesel engine plant, gas turbine, dual-fuel engine plant, other engine plant, other combustion plant)
- Type of fuels used and respective share in total energy input
- date of commissioning of the combustion plant
- the NACE code to which the other activity belongs, according to Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 1893/2006
- expected number of annual operating hours of the combustion plant and average operating load
- if a scheme for installations with few operating hours is used, a declaration signed by the operator stating that the combustion installation will not be in operation for more than the number of hours referred to in those paragraphs
- if an arrangement for emergency operation is used: a statement signed by the operator that the combustion plant will be in operation only in case of emergency;
- the name and place of business of the operator and the location of the installation with its address
- geo-coordinates of the chimney and height above ground level
The notification must be submitted in writing by mail or electronically to the competent authority.
After the notification has been checked, it will be entered in a register of installations (this can also be found under the heading "Forms and information sheets"). The information contained in the register of installations is made publicly accessible in accordance with § 36 of the 44th BImSchV and the provisions on access to environmental information (Environmental Information Act - UIG).
The notification must be submitted before commissioning a new plant.
The operation of an existing plant must be notified by December 1, 2023.
where applicable, a declaration signed by the operator stating that the combustion plant will not be in operation for more than the number of hours referred to above
where applicable, a declaration signed by the operator stating that the combustion plant will be operated only in case of emergency
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited