Combustion plants; notification
If you operate a medium-sized combustion plant, gas turbine plant or internal combustion engine plant, you must notify the competent authority.
As the operator of a combustion plant (medium-sized combustion plant, gas turbine plant and internal combustion engine plant) within the meaning of the Forty-Fourth Ordinance on the Implementation of the Federal Immission Control Act (44th BImSchV) with a rated thermal input of at least 1 MW and less than 50 MW, you are obliged to notify the competent authority in writing or electronically of the intended operation before commissioning.
The operation of an existing combustion plant must be notified in writing or electronically to the competent authority by 1 December 2023.
The notification must contain the following information:
- Combustion thermal input of the combustion plant (in megawatts).
- Type of combustion plant (diesel engine plant, gas turbine, dual-fuel engine plant, other engine plant, other combustion plant)
- type of fuels used and their respective share in the total energy input
- the date of commissioning of the combustion plant
- the NACE code to which the other activity belongs according to Annex I to Regulation (EC) No 1893/2006
- the expected number of annual operating hours of the combustion plant and the average operating load
- if a scheme for plants with few operating hours is used, a declaration signed by the operator stating that the combustion plant will not be in operation for more than the number of hours referred to in those paragraphs
- if an emergency operating scheme is used, a statement signed by the operator that the combustion plant will operate only in an emergency;
- the name and registered office of the operator and the location of the plant with address
- geo-coordinates of the stack and height above ground level
The notification must be submitted to the competent authority in writing by post or electronically.
After the notification has been checked, it is entered in a register of installations (this can also be found under the heading "Forms and information sheets"). The information contained in the register of installations is made publicly accessible in accordance with § 36 of the 44th BImSchV and the provisions on access to environmental information (Environmental Information Act - UIG).
The notification must be submitted before commissioning a new installation.
The operation of an existing installation must be notified by 1 December 2023.
where applicable, a declaration signed by the operator stating that the combustion plant will not be in operation for more than the number of hours referred to above
where applicable, a declaration signed by the operator stating that the combustion plant will be operated only in case of emergency
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited