Guarding trade; registration for instruction
You must provide documented proof of completed instruction in the security industry if you are employed and perform security tasks in the security industry on your own authority.
Instruction is provided at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and comprises at least 40 hours of lessons during which you must be present without any absences. Among other things, you will receive instruction on your legal rights and obligations as a security guard, along with techniques for dealing with people in conflict situations.
As instruction is provided in German, your language skills should be at least CEFR level B1 (CEFR: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
Following the instruction, and in order to receive the certificate, you will be required to answer written and oral questions demonstrating your comprehension of course content. When you are awarded the certificate, you will also be entered into the Register of Security Personnel.
To open a security firm, or to work in certain areas such as refugee shelters, discothèques or other public places, you will be required to take the more extensive examination of expertise for the security industry.
If you have qualifications in a relevant profession that requires formal training, for example as a protection and security specialist, you will not need to provide additional proof of completion of the instruction.
- German skills equivalent to level B1 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Instruction in security services is provided and certified by the IHK.
- You register for security instruction at a IHK
- Instruction is provided by the IHK, is oral and lasts approximately 40 hours.
- After participation without any absences, you receive the certificate
- Notification of award of certificate will also be communicated to the Register of Security Personnel.
Afterwards, you are allowed to be employed as a security guard.
- Please note any registration deadlines set by the IHK
- Proof of completed instruction remains valid indefinitely.
- Duration of instruction: approx. 40 hours
- The certificate will be issued directly or within a few days.
- Official photo ID for identification
- Potentially additional documents as well; please contact your IHK for additional details
Responsible for editing: Deutscher Industrie- und Handelskammertag e.V.
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited