Food business operators; notification of establishments for registration
If you are a food business operator carrying out activities related to the production, processing and distribution of food (including Internet trade), you must register with the competent district administrative authority.
Food businesses are all businesses that carry out an activity related to the production, processing and distribution of food. Food business operators are obliged to report the establishments under their control and important changes in activities as well as closures of establishments. This applies to all establishments engaged in any of the stages of processing, production or distribution of food.
Registration is carried out at the competent district administrative authority.
Food businesses are, for example:
- Food vending machine operators
- retail stores selling foodstuffs or food supplements
- Ice cream parlors
- Producers of food of animal origin
- Fishing, crustacean, shellfish and mollusk businesses
- Wholesalers, transporters, importers and exporters of food products
- Snack bars
- Kitchens and canteens (also all facilities for communal catering)
- farms for raising or keeping food-producing animals
- Food brokers (for example, via the Internet)
- Milk bars
- milk processing plants
- mobile food trade including sales vehicles
- primary producers of plant-based foods, such as fruits, vegetables, grains, herbs
- food banks
- gas stations with food sales
- transporters of food
- Events with catering
- Party service and catering
You have a business that produces, processes or distributes food.
Your business is not yet registered with the competent authority or there have been changes in the work-technological process or conversions to the information or data already recorded or you wish to deregister your food business.
- Use the form provided and submit it to the appropriate county administrative office or the online process. If no form is provided, registration can be done informally.
- The following data is required:
- Details of the name, address and legal form of the food business.
- the legal form, the name and the address of the establishment belonging to the enterprise must be indicated separately for each establishment
- for each establishment must be indicated separately: the activity and the type of operation
- The registration must take place before the start of the activity.
- Significant changes in the work-technological process or conversions must be reported immediately.
Meldung nach Artikel 6 der Verordnung (EG) Nr. 852/2004 über Lebensmittelhygiene
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- There are no fees for registration.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited