Towing and advertising flights; application for a permit

You need a permit if you want to perform towing or advertising flights with towed objects.



A permit may be issued

  • if the pilot has a towing authorization,
  • the aircraft is equipped with a calibrated barograph,
  • no more than three aircraft are to fly in formation, and
  • the aircraft's liability insurance expressly includes towing of objects.

Special notes

Advertising flights in which the advertising consists only in the lettering of the aircraft do not require a permit.


1 week before the planned tow or publicity flight

Required documents

  • Towing authorization

  • Proof of calibrated barograph

  • Proof of liability insurance for the aircraft, which expressly includes the towing of objects


Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.

  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide: Formloser Antrag (mit Unterschrift)
    Please note

    This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.


  • 60,00 - 260,00 EUR


Administrative court action


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.