Register photovoltaic systems
Wenn Sie eine Photovoltaikanlage betreiben möchten, müssen Sie die Anlage registrieren lassen.
If you wish to operate a photovoltaic system, you must register the system.
A registration with the Federal Network Agency is always necessary if you start up the system for the first time or change something in an existing system. This also applies if you want to market the generated electricity directly. Registration is also a prerequisite for entitlement to the feed-in tariff. You only do not have to register the system if you use the electricity exclusively for your own use or if the system is not active.
You must register the photovoltaic system yourself. Installers or other third parties are not authorised to do so.
Permission to erect a ground-mounted system must be obtained.
You must register your system online on the photovoltaic reporting portal:
- Register with the PV reporting portal. You will then receive an activation link that you must click.
- You can then transmit information on newly installed PV systems directly to the Federal Network Agency via the PV reporting portal.
- You will then receive a written confirmation of registration.
- If you wish to change the reported data on your PV system or your details as a system operator, you can also do this directly via the PV reporting portal.
In exceptional cases, you can also report your PV systems to the Federal Network Agency by letter, fax or as an e-mail attachment.
- Please print out the notification form, fill it in and send it to the Federal Network Agency.
- If you report your system in writing, you will not be able to view and process it via the PV reporting portal.
- Registration: at the earliest two weeks before commissioning, at the latest when the system is commissioned.
Note: you must notify the electricity generated in the previous year "Billing-relevant data" by 28 February of the following year.
The Market Master Data Register is the register for the German electricity and gas market. It is abbreviated MaStR. The market master data register is primarily used to register the master data for electricity and gas generation plants. In addition, the master data of market players such as plant operators, network operators and energy suppliers must be registered.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bundesnetzagentur für Elektrizität, Gas, Telekommunikation, Post und Eisenbahnen
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited