Livestock farming; advertisement

In addition to farmers, private individuals with so-called hobby livestock farming must also register their animals or report their business.



You keep one of the animal species listed above.

You must have a holding number (registration number in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/429). This must be applied for at the responsible Office for Food, Agriculture and Forestry. If you already have a holding number, this may need to be extended.

Special notes

Keepers of cattle, pigs, sheep, hens and turkeys must also register their livestock with the animal disease insurance fund.

The keeper of land animals must keep a register of livestock.

In addition, the admission and disposal of cattle, sheep, goats or pigs must be reported to the Animal Origin Tracing and Information System (HIT database).


The notification must be made before the start of animal husbandry.

The competent authority must be informed immediately of any changes.


  • none


Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz

Contains machine translated content. Show the original content

  • Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
  • Online transactions, locally limited
  • Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Form, locally limited
  • Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
  • Legal bases, locally limited
  • Fees, Bavaria-wide
  • Fees, locally limited
Bild zur Leistungsbeschreibung

Responsible for you

If you select a location under "Localization" the contact details of the responsible authority and, if applicable, locally valid information will be displayed.