Line-demand transport; application for a permit
The paid or businesslike transportation of passengers in scheduled services is subject to the provisions of the Passenger Transportation Act (PBefG) and is therefore generally subject to approval.
The licensing requirements are regulated in Section 13 of the Passenger Transportation Act and the Ordinance on Professional Access to Road Passenger Transportation.
The entrepreneur has to prove that
- the safety and efficiency of the business is guaranteed (submission of balance sheets, asset statements, etc.),
- he, the person appointed to manage the business and the transport manager are reliable (police clearance certificate, extract from the driver fitness register, etc.),
- the professional qualification is given (certificate of professional competence from the Chamber of Industry and Commerce),
- he/she and the contractors commissioned by him/her to carry out transport services have their registered office or place of business within the meaning of commercial law in Germany.
In addition, the objective licensing requirements must be met (including public transport interests, local transport planning requirements).
When applying for a permit for scheduled demand transportation, the following documents in particular are required:
- a general map showing the requested area, the requested (virtual) stops and all existing services in the area
- transport conditions and charges (fare table)
- service times
- information on the number, type and capacity of the vehicles to be used
- Certificate of equity
- Certificate of the competent tax office in tax matters
- Certificate of the municipality of the place of operation about the tax reliability
- Certificate of the competent authorities on the proper payment of contributions to social health and pension insurance and to unemployment insurance
- Certificate from the employers' liability insurance association on the proper payment of contributions (including any advances to be paid) for accident insurance
- Proof of the professional suitability of the person/transport manager appointed to run the business (also from the business manager)
- Only in the case of companies entered in the commercial or cooperative register: Certified copy of the entries (the documents should not be older than three months)
- Articles of association
- Official certificate of good conduct for submission to an authority - apply to the registration office - (also from the manager)
- Information from the driver's suitability register (also from the operator)
- Extract from the central business register - apply to the registration office - (also from the manager)
- Documents proving the employment of the person appointed to manage the business / the transport manager
- Proof of a public service contract (if available)
The competent authority may request further documents.
Filing an objection with the authority that issued the administrative act.
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited