Bundled on-demand transportation; application for a permit.
The paid or businesslike transportation of passengers in bundled on-demand transport is subject to the provisions of the Passenger Transportation Act (PBefG) and is therefore generally subject to approval.
Bundled on-demand transport is a form of occasional transport by passenger car. In this form of transport, transport orders of different passengers along similar routes are carried out in a bundle (single seat rental). The company may carry out the orders only upon prior order. As a rule, transport orders may only be executed within the municipality in which the company has its registered office.
In urban and suburban transport in particular, the operator must achieve a specified bundling rate.
The licensing authority specifies individual tariff-related regulations (in particular minimum transport charges). It may also regulate further requirements for the carriage of passengers in bundled on-demand transport (e.g. obligation to return, service area, barrier-free access, emission specifications, social standards).
The permit can be issued for a maximum of five years. Re-issuance is possible.
Further information on bundled on-demand transport can be obtained from the local district government.
The licensing requirements are set out in Section 13 (1), (5a) of the Passenger Transportation Act and the Ordinance on Professional Access to Road Passenger Transportation.
- The entrepreneur or the persons appointed for the management must be reliable.
- The entrepreneur or the persons appointed for the management must be professionally suitable.
- The company must be secure and financially viable.
- The company's registered office or place of business must be in Austria (in the sense of commercial law).
- No threat to traffic efficiency
You must apply to the responsible district government for approval to operate a bundled on-demand service.
The district government conducts a hearing procedure. As part of this process, it requests comments from other bodies, including the following
- trade supervisory authorities,
- the Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- the relevant trade unions and professional associations.
After the deadline for the comments has expired, it makes a final decision on the application and informs the applicant in writing of the result.
Note: If you wish to apply for a permit renewal, a permit application with required documentation must be submitted to the appropriate office well in advance of the expiration of the expiring permit.
Usually, the competent body will decide on your application within three months of submission of the verifiable application.
The period can be extended by a maximum of three additional months. The prerequisite is that the competent body has announced this in good time (within the first three months) in a written interim decision.
Filing an objection with the authority that issued the administrative act.
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wohnen, Bau und Verkehr
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited