Homes for minors; notification of commencement of operations, impending closure, and special events.
The operator of a facility requiring a permit must ensure that the competent authority complies with the reporting obligations pursuant to Section 47 of Book VIII of the Social Code.
The competent authority must be notified of the commencement of operation of a facility requiring a permit, stating the name and address of the operator, the type and location of the facility, the number of places available, and the names and professional training of the manager and care staff.
Events or developments that are likely to affect the welfare of children and adolescents shall be reported to the competent authority. These can
- affect children, adolescents and young adults in care,
- employees of the facility or
- the facilities or parts of the facility.
Changes in the name and address of the provider, the type and location of the facility, the number of available places as well as the names and professional training of the manager and care staff and the concept must be reported to the competent authority without delay.
The number of occupied places must be reported once a year.
The competent authority must be notified of any imminent closure of the operation of a facility requiring a permit.
Operation may not commence until an operating permit has been issued (see also "Related topics").
- Notification of admission and imminent closure can be made informally.
- The initial notification of special incidents in facilities to the authority issuing the operating license (home supervisory authority) must be made immediately in writing, by fax or e-mail (in urgent cases also by telephone). Subsequently, a detailed statement as well as a description of the further planned procedural steps must be submitted in writing in a timely manner.
- Changes after the start of operations can be reported informally.
- The prescribed forms must be used for notifications of changes in personnel and the annual occupancy report, see "Forms".
The notifications and reports must be made without delay. The statements must be submitted promptly.
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Familie, Arbeit und Soziales
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited