Practice of medicine; notification
If you practice a legally regulated non-physician medical profession on a self-employed or freelance basis, you are obligated to report this to the responsible health office.
Members of the following health care professions must immediately notify the responsible health authority of the beginning and end of independent professional practice:
- Occupational therapist
- Health and pediatric nurses
- Health and nursing care worker
- alternative practitioner
- Speech therapist
- Masseur and medical bath attendant
- Medical-technical assistant for functional diagnostics
- Medical-technical laboratory assistant
- Medical-technical radiology assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- Pharmaceutical-technical assistant
- Podiatrist, podiatrist, medical chiropodist
- Veterinary medical technical assistant
At the beginning of the professional practice
- the address of the place of business and
- the authorization to practice the profession or to use the professional title and the existence of an appropriate liability insurance.
Any changes in personal data, a relocation of the practice, etc., as well as the termination of the activity must also be reported to the Health Department immediately
- authorization to practice the profession or to use the professional title
- planned practice of the profession in the city or county
The notification and the required documents must be submitted to the locally responsible health office.
The local health authority responsible is the health authority in whose district the establishment is located.
The authority can issue a confirmation of the notification on request.
The beginning and end of self-employed professional practice as well as the termination must be reported immediately.
The following documents are required:
- certificate of authorization to practice the profession or to use the professional title
- Proof of the existence of adequate liability insurance
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Gesundheit und Pflege
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited