X-ray equipment and interfering radiators; application for a permit to operate or notification of operation.
You must usually apply for a permit or report it in order to operate an X-ray facility or an interference source.
- The application or notification must be available.
- The applicant must be reliable.
- A radiation protection officer must have been appointed.
- Sufficient persons with the required expertise in radiation protection or with the required knowledge in radiation protection are available.
- The equipment and measures for radiation protection must correspond to the state of the art (test report by an expert, type approval if necessary, CE marking according to Regulation (EU) 2017/745 or MPG).
- The activity must be justified in principle.
- Other regulations under public law must not conflict with this.
- For the medical field, there are further requirements such as presentation of the license to practice medicine, display instrument for radiation exposure, consultation of a medical physics expert.
Submit the documents to the trade supervisory office of the administrative district in which you have your business address (residence, if applicable). For the fastest possible processing of your application, the use of the corresponding online procedures is recommended - if available.
For X-ray hybrid devices, the documents must be sent (in writing) to the State Office for the Environment.
The X-ray equipment may be put into operation no earlier than four weeks after notification to the responsible trade supervisory office. Operation at an earlier point in time is only permissible if the office issues the operating permit as part of a notification confirmation.
In the approval procedure, the X-ray equipment or the interference source may only be put into operation after the approval has been granted.
Printout of the appointment of radiation protection officers
Evidence of professional competence
Type approval certificate and/or test report of the expert
if applicable, licence to practise medicine, cooperation agreement with medical physics experts, proof of sufficient personnel
Please select a location in "Localization" so that the address of the responsible authority can be filled in.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited