Business operation; application for temporary continuation without qualified representation
You can continue a business after the death of the trader even without a qualified deputy. You must apply for permission.
- Death of the previous trader
- Authorized exercise of the deceased's trade
The deceased's trade must not have been discontinued or prohibited; any necessary permits must have been issued and be valid.
- Personal reliability, if applicable, in the case of trades requiring a permit or supervision In
the case of trades requiring a permit or supervision, the person authorized to continue the business or the representative must be personally reliable and prove this with corresponding current proof from the Federal Central Register and the Central Trade Register.
You must apply in writing to the authority that issued the permit.
The authority will review your application. In the event of a positive decision, you will receive a notice that you may continue the business for up to one year without a qualified deputy. After this period has expired, you must appoint a qualified deputy.
You must apply for the intended continuation of the business without a qualified deputy immediately after the death of the trader.
- per expense: 50 to 5,000 EUR
Responsible for editing:Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited