LIFE program; application for funding
The LIFE program is the EU's financial instrument for the environment.
The EU supports measures in the environmental sector with the LIFE program (L' Instrument Financier pour l'Environnement), which has been in existence since 1992. The LIFE program is intended to contribute to sustainable development and the achievement of the objectives and targets of the Europe 2020 strategy and the relevant environmental and climate strategies and plans of the Union.
It is divided into the sub-programs Environment and Climate Policy.
The Environment sub-program comprises three priority areas:
- Environment and Resource Efficiency;
- Nature and biodiversity;
- Administrative practice and information in the environmental field.
The "Climate Policy" subprogram comprises three priority areas:
- Climate Change Mitigation;
- Adaptation to climate change;
- Administrative practice and information in the climate field.
Public and/or private entities, actors and institutions can receive funding from the LIFE program.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Umwelt und Verbraucherschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited