Video promotion; application
If you release a German theatrical film on DVD, video-on-demand or Blu-ray Disc, you can apply for funding under certain conditions.
Applications can be submitted by
- with their registered office or branch office in Germany:
- Video distribution companies
- providers of video-on-demand services
- foreign providers, if they pay a film levy
You must submit the application online to the German Federal Film Board (FFA).
- First, arrange a personal or telephone consultation with the FFA. During this meeting, you will receive important information about the requirements and application process. You will also have the opportunity to clarify any open questions.
- Submit your application online via the FFA website.
- Once you have uploaded your complete application to the database, an application form will be generated.
- Print this out.
- Submit the completed and signed application form to the FFA by mail.
- Your application will be processed and reviewed by the FFA's funding department.
- Once complete, your application will be submitted to the Distribution, Sales and Video Grants Commission.
- If the Commission approves your application, you will receive an award notice by mail.
- The grant will be paid in 2 installments.
- The first installment of 75 percent will be paid after verification of closed funding. Also after confirmation of the own funds by a bank or a tax consultant or auditor.
- The second installment of 25 percent is paid after completion of the measure and verification of the final costs by an auditing company.
from submission to funding decision
You must submit with your application:
- Information on the applicant
- registered office and legal form of the company
- Indication of whether the company is a micro, small or medium-sized enterprise (SME)
- Sales tax identification number (USt-IdNr.),
- If applicable, an excerpt from the commercial register
- Cost breakdown and financing plan
- Intended number of DVDs to be sold
- Licence agreement and proof of the amount, type and payment of guarantees granted
- Commercial register or association register excerpt of the applicant
- Viewing DVD or comparable medium with the project to be funded
- Voluntary Self-Regulation of the Film Industry (FSK) certificate
- BAFA certificate
- Rating "especially valuable" of the German Film and Media Rating (FBW), if relevant
- Description of measures/marketing concept
Once your application has been approved, you must submit:
For the disbursement of the first instalment you must submit:
- Confirmation of own funds by bank or tax advisor/auditor
- preliminary BAFA certificate for international co-productions
- FSK certificate video
- Placing of order for final costs audit with final costs auditing company
For the disbursement of the final instalment you have to submit
- Proof of use
- Audit report of the auditing company for final costs
- Final BAFA certificate
- first revenue statement
- DVD receipt, if applicable
- for single test: 3.75 percent of the subsidy
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Die Beauftragte der Bundesregierung für Kultur und Medien
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited