Cable car; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the technical renewal and modernization of ropeways in small ski resorts, including ancillary facilities required for operation.
The funding is intended to lead to investments that raise the technical standards, comfort and quality of ropeways in small ski resorts in Bavaria.
Funding is provided for commercial investments in the technical renewal and modernization of existing ropeways, including ancillary facilities required for operation, in small ski resorts.
Funding is available for small and medium-sized enterprises and large enterprises that are only considered large enterprises due to the participation of local authorities in accordance with Article 3 (4) of the Annex to the SME Recommendation of May 6, 2003. Other large enterprises are not eligible. Municipal (local) authorities are also eligible for funding, provided they are economically active, i.e. they construct or operate ropeway installations.
Eligible costs are those incurred for the acquisition or production of capitalized tangible assets forming part of the investment project and, under certain conditions, for the acquisition of intangible, leased, rented or leased assets.
Type and amount
The subsidy can be granted as an investment grant or as an interest subsidy to reduce the cost of a loan to be granted by the LfA Förderbank. The subsidy rate is up to 35% for small companies, 25% for medium-sized companies and 15% for large companies that are only considered large companies due to the participation of local authorities.
Funding is possible if:
- it is a project in small skiing areas; precondition:
- The ski area has a maximum of three ski runs and the total length of the ski runs is less than 3 km; or
- the municipality where the ski lift is located has a maximum hotel room capacity of 2000 and the number of weekly ski passes sold is less than 15% of the total number of ski passes sold (average of the last three years).
- the investment amount is at least 500,000 euros or the project is at least capable of directly and permanently increasing the total income in the respective economic area in a not insignificant way (so-called primary effect).
- there are no obstacles under public law and the project is in line with the interests of environmental protection and regional planning, in particular the Alpine Plan and the Regional Plan.
- the other requirements for funding are met.
Applications must be submitted to the responsible district government prior to the start of the project.
The governments are responsible for approval.
Applications must be submitted before the start of the project.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited