Cable car; application for funding
The Free State of Bavaria promotes the technical renewal and modernization of ropeways in small ski resorts, including ancillary facilities required for operation.
The funding is intended to provide an incentive for investments in technical standards, comfort and the quality of ropeways and thus ensure the sustainable safeguarding of the stock of Bavarian ropeway installations.
Commercial investments in the technical renewal and modernization of existing ropeways, including ancillary facilities required for operation in small ski resorts, are eligible for funding. If additional, directly related services are offered that are equally important for skiing or summer use, these investments are also supported.
Grants are awarded to commercial and municipal enterprises.
Funding is available for the acquisition or production of capitalized tangible assets that are part of the investment project and, under certain conditions, for the acquisition of intangible, leased, rented or leased assets.
Type and amount
The subsidy can be granted as an investment grant or as an interest subsidy to reduce the cost of a loan to be granted by the LfA Förderbank. The subsidy rate is up to 35% for small enterprises, 25% for medium-sized enterprises and up to 35% for exclusively municipally owned enterprises.
Funding is possible if:
- it is a project in small ski resorts; Prerequisite:
- The ski area has a maximum of three ski runs and the total length of the ski runs is less than 3 km; or
- the municipality in which the lift is located has a maximum hotel room capacity of 2000 and the number of weekly ski passes sold is less than 15% of the total number of ski passes sold (average of the last three years).
- the investment amount is at least 500,000 euros or the project is at least capable of directly and permanently increasing the total income in the respective economic area in a not insignificant way (so-called primary effect).
- there are no obstacles under public law and the project is in line with the interests of environmental protection and regional planning, in particular the Alpine Plan and the Regional Plan.
- the project is associated with the possibility of year-round use of the facilities, i.e. the measure must also be geared towards summer tourism. As a matter of principle, only projects in which a year-round offer with the cableway system(s) exists or is planned in the corresponding skiing or hiking area will be funded.
- the other requirements for funding are met.
Applications must be submitted to the responsible district government before the start of the project.
The governments are responsible for approval.
Applications must be submitted before the start of the project.
Links to more information
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wirtschaft, Landesentwicklung und Energie
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited