Private secondary schools; grant application
After the statutory waiting period of four years, school boards of private secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from grade 5), and second-chance schools receive a subsidy amounting to 65% of the operating subsidy under Art. 38 of the Bavarian School Financing Act.
Object and recipients
School operators of private state-recognized and state-approved secondary schools, grammar schools, independent Waldorf schools (from grade 5), and schools of the second educational path receive a grant of 65% of the operating subsidy pursuant to Art. 38 of the Bavarian School Financing Act (BaySchFG) after the statutory waiting period of four years for the necessary personnel expenses and school expenses.
Type and amount
The subsidy is granted in relation to the calendar year. The basis is the official pupil numbers as of October 1 of the previous year. The number of pupils is used to calculate the number of teaching staff hours eligible for subsidy in accordance with the tables in Art. 17 BaySchFG. These are multiplied by the flat-rate costs of one teaching staff hour. The teaching staff costs calculated in this way are multiplied by a subsidy rate of 112% (operating subsidy).
The subsidy pursuant to Art. 45 (2) BaySchFG amounts to 65% of this.
The actual personnel expenses of the school authority are irrelevant for the calculation.
Among other things:
- Only schools operated by legal entities under public or private law and operating on a non-profit basis receive state funding (proof must be provided in the form of a certificate from the tax office). This includes ecclesiastical legal entities, including those under Article 9 of the Bavarian Concordat with the Holy See of March 29, 1924, and Article 13 of the Agreement between the Bavarian State and the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria on the Right Bank of the Rhine of November 15, 1924.
- State recognition of the school; in the case of state approval, the requirements of Art. 45 Par. 2 BaySchFG must be met.
These are, among others, that
- there are no major objections from the school supervisory authorities,
- the school has been in operation for at least 4 school years as of 01.08. of a year (start of subsidy) and
- the school is operated on a permanent basis.
The Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs usually grants the subsidies in installments on February 15, May 15 and August 15 on the basis of the previous year's subsidy and makes a final payment, including the statement of account, on November 15 of the respective year.
The school authorities receive the application documents from the State Ministry at the beginning of the year and submit them in writing by March 31 of the year, together with the necessary supporting documents.
Entitled persons are provided with the necessary forms by the Bavarian State Ministry of Education and Cultural Affairs on an annual basis.
Applications must be submitted by March 31 of the year to be eligible for the annual grant.
The application is processed in the current grant year (financial year). Grants are also awarded in the same year.
Antrag auf staatliche Leistungen gemäß Art. 45 Abs. 2 BaySchFG
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
Objection or administrative court action
Responsible for editing: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Unterricht und Kultus
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited