Energy consulting can help you uncover unused savings potential in your company or municipality. This can help you reduce your ongoing operating costs.
You can receive funding of up to EUR 10,000 for the following measure:
- expert energy consulting to
- facilities and
- user behavior
in your company or municipality and to identify specific energy-saving potential.
You will not receive funding
- for measures required by law,
- if you have already concluded the contract with the energy consultant before you submitted the application and the contract does not contain a proviso clause,
- if the energy consulting is to be carried out in buildings that are predominantly used for residential purposes,
- if the results of the consulting do not have a direct impact on energy consumption
- if you carry out the consultancy yourself in your own company or have it carried out by a partner company.
- the consulting recipient is a company on whose assets insolvency proceedings have been filed or opened,
- the consulting recipient is a company that has received de minimis subsidies totaling at least EUR 200,000 (EUR 100,000 in the case of companies in the road transport sector) in the current year as well as in the previous 2 fiscal years, including the subsidy under these guidelines,
- the recipient of the consultancy is a company that is otherwise excluded under Article 1 of the de minimis Regulation.
The amount of the grant is calculated as follows:
Module 1 (energy audit according to DIN EN 16247):
- If the annual energy costs exceed EUR 10,000 (net), the grant amounts to 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee, but not more than EUR 6,000.
- If the annual energy costs do not exceed EUR 10,000 (net), the subsidy amounts to 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee, but not more than EUR 1,200.
Module 2 (energy consulting in accordance with DIN V 18599):
The funding amount is 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee, up to a maximum of EUR 8,000. The exact amount depends on the net floor area of the building in question:
- Net floor area less than 200 m2: Subsidy maximum EUR 1,700;
- Net floor area between 200 m2 and 500 m2: Grant maximum EUR 5,000;
- Net floor area more than 500 m2: Grant maximum EUR 8,000.
Module 3 (Contracting Orientation Consulting):
- If the annual energy costs do not exceed EUR 300,000 (net), the subsidy amounts to 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee, but a maximum of EUR 7,000.
- If the annual energy costs of the building or pool of buildings under consideration exceed EUR 300,000 (net), the subsidy amounts to 80 percent of the eligible consulting fee, but not more than EUR 10,000.
Eligible costs are:
- Costs for energy consulting if it is carried out by an energy expert approved by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
The subsidy is a grant that covers part of the costs. You do not have to repay this grant.
You will only receive the grant once you have completed your energy consulting. To do this, you must prove
- that you have paid for the energy consulting and
- Submit an energy consulting report.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
BAFA processes the applications for the grant.
You are not entitled to the grant.
The funding is subject to the availability of the budgeted funds.
You are also obliged to provide information to the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and the Federal Audit Office at any time for monitoring and control purposes.
In the event of an audit by the aforementioned institutions, you must be able to demonstrate the differentiation in terms of content and costs from any other funding measures.