Energy consulting in small and medium-sized businesses; application for funding
If you choose to receive energy advice for non-residential buildings, you can apply for an energy advice grant.
Applications can be submitted by:
- Local authorities (municipalities, cities, districts);
- municipal special-purpose associations in accordance with the relevant special-purpose association law.
- Non-profit organizations, religious communities with corporate status, as well as their institutions and foundations within the meaning of Section 5 (1) No. 9 of the Corporation Tax Act;
- SMEs with their registered office and business operations in Germany;
- Non-SMEs with registered offices and business operations in Germany whose total energy consumption across all energy sources does not exceed 500,000 kilowatt hours per year pursuant to Section 8 (4) EDL-G;
- Freelance professionals with their registered office and business operations in Germany;
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must be approved by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for federal funding in the program Energy consulting in for non-residential buildings, plants and systems (EBN) for the respective module.
- If your measure is funded in accordance with this guideline, you may not use public funds from other federal funding programs for similar measures, for example corresponding consulting programs.
You, or energy consultants authorized by you, must submit the application for funding directly online to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
- Find an energy efficiency expert approved by BAFA. Use the website of the German Energy Agency (dena) for this purpose. Ask this expert to give you a cost estimate for the energy consulting.
- Go to the BAFA website and open the online form.
- Fill out the form,
- submit the required documents electronically and
- submit it.
- After submitting the application form, you have the option to save the application as a PDF document.
- After submitting the application, within a few minutes you will receive an email confirmation of receipt with your transaction number and the link to the upload portal.
- Now you can sign the contract with your energy expert at your own risk and start consulting.
- BAFA will check your application. If the application is approved, you or your authorized energy consultant will receive a notification of funding by mail.
- Once the energy consulting has been completed, you must provide evidence of how your grant was used. To do this, you fill out the proof of use form online. Here you also upload the documents required for the proof of use.
- Once BAFA has checked your proof of use, BAFA will transfer your grant to your account.
- Application deadline:
- until 31.12.2024
- before the start of the measure
- Implementation of the consulting: within 12 months after receipt of the grant notice
- Proof of implementation of the consulting: within 3 months after the end of the grant period
The processing of where-used lists usually takes about 4 weeks. (1 week)
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- completed application form
- Offer or cost estimate of the consultant (the amount of the planned consultant's fee must be clearly stated)
- Self-commitment or self-declaration of the energy consultant
When you have completed your consultation, you must submit the following documents:
- electronic declaration of use
- Document: declarations after implementation
- Copy of the invoice issued by the energy consultant or his/her employer in the name of the advised company/municipality
- Energy consulting report
- Proof of payment documenting the non-cash full payment of the consulting costs
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited