Apply for funding for projects to increase energy efficiency
If you make investments to increase the energy efficiency of your processes and plants, you can apply for financial support under certain conditions.
Applications can be submitted by:
- private companies,
- municipal enterprises,
- freelancers, if the business premises are mainly used for freelance activities, and
- Contractors who carry out measures for a company eligible to apply.
- Your company must have its registered office or a branch in Germany, the subsidized measure must be implemented in Germany and operated for at least 3 years,
- the payback period of your investment must be at least 4 years without the subsidy, and
- You must be able to bear the entire share of the investment costs yourself.
You can submit your application for funding online via the easy online portal or in writing to VDI/VDE Technik + Innovation GmbH:
- Before submitting your application, you create the savings concept.
- To do this, you need an energy consultant who is approved by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA). You can find energy consultants in the energy efficiency expert list for federal funding programs.
- You can also hire your company's energy manager if your company is certified according to DIN ISO 50001 or EMAS regulation.
- Select your energy consultant and have them draw up the savings concept.
- Submit the application via the easy-Online electronic application portal.
- Upload all required documents to the application portal and sign your application electronically.
- Note: You can also print out your application. In this case, send the completed and signed application to VDE/VDI by mail within 14 days.
- The VDE/VDI will review your application and decide on your participation in the funding competition. You will then receive an e-mail from the VDI/VDE informing you whether you can participate in the funding competition.
- As soon as you have received the approval, you can start implementing the planned measures. You can now also conclude contracts with third-party companies for your project.
- You now have 36 months to implement your measures. Once you have completed your project, you must submit all documents to the VDI/VDE for verification. To do this, download the forms from the profi-online portal and fill them out. You must then upload the completed forms again in the profi-online portal.
- Note: You can only download the forms after you have registered as a participant on the profi-online portal.
- After your documents have been checked, the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy will pay you the grant.
- It is best to use the funding efficiency calculator on the Energy Efficiency Competition website before submitting your application to check whether your project meets the requirements and what funding you could expect.
- If your application was not considered in one round of the competition, you can resubmit it for the next funding competition.
- Possible at any time
- Deadlines will be announced on the website of the Energy Efficiency Competition
- before the start of the measure
- Duration of funding: The measures must be implemented within 36 months of the funding approval.
- Proof of use of funds: within 6 months after the end of the grant period.
The VDI/VDE-IT needs up to 6 weeks to process your application.
You can only start with the measure after funding approval.
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Savings concept
- Statement of facts relevant to the subsidy
- current excerpt from the commercial register or cooperative or a business registration certificate
- for contracting projects additionally:
- Draft of the contracting contract
- Declaration of the contracting partners
When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Application for participation in the "profi-Online" procedure
- factual report
- numerical proof
- Proof that the technical system is ready for operation and confirmation of commissioning
- Confirmation by qualified energy consultant, expert or energy manager of the implementation of the savings concept
- Invoices for expenses excluding value added tax
- tabular list of receipts showing the date, recipient, reason and amount of each payment
- Declaration that you do not receive any other public funds to support your measure
Formular Erklärung zu den subventionserheblichen Tatsachen
This form requires no signature. You can sent it electronically (e.g. by secure email or De-Mail) or as hardcopy to the responsible authority.
Formulare auf der Internetseite des Wettbewerbs Energieeffizienz
This form has to be signed and sent to the responsible authority. You can sign the form manually and send it by email/fax or sign the form electronically with your qualified electronic signature an send it by (secure) email. If the responsible authority has set up a De-Mail account, you can also send the form by De-Mail using an sender-confirmed message.
- administrative court action
Links to more information
Responsible for editing:Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Klimaschutz
- Online transactions, Bavaria-wide
- Online transactions, locally limited
- Form, Bavaria-wide
- Form, locally limited
- Prefillable Form, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, Bavaria-wide
- Legal bases, locally limited
- Fees, Bavaria-wide
- Fees, locally limited